Wednesday 6 July 2011

VINTAGE AT SOUTHBANK CENTRE 29TH-31ST JULY


Coming up at the end of the month 'Vintage At Southbank Centre'. After a bit of research I found out I'm djing up at The Penthouse on Saturday 30th at 6pm with a few friends...



BLITZ (Saturday)
On Saturday it’s ‘back to the futurist’ as the New Romantics and Futurists that made The Blitz Club famous around the globe assemble once more. We’ll be joining the dots between the outlandish fashions, performance art and groundbreaking music as we celebrate the cult with no name.

The dj's... Paul Rae, Paul and Ralf Ralf Randell, Martin Degville, Princess Julia, Jeffrey Hinton and Mark Moore

I didn't actually dj at the Blitz itself, infact I did the coatcheck for a while and once Steve Strange actually asked me to do the door, which I was rubbish at! I did a spot of djing at the WAG club in the early 80's for designer Stephen Linard. The night was called Total Fashion Victims. Towards the end of the 80's I had another go at Djing at The Daisy Chain over at The Fridge in Brixton. It was a Tuesday gay night run by Jimmy Fox and djing came from Mark Lawrence and Jeffrey Hinton. I did a warm up spot and really that's how I started djing. I was working at Michael and Gerlinde Costiff's shop World and soon they started a night, Kinky Gerlinky's. I became resident there along with Rachel Auburn and Martin Confusion. 



I found this amusing TV exposé of Kinky Gerlinky!


Eventually I began to travel across the UK and further afield across Europe and beyond, djing at some of the most amazing nights! 


For Vintage at Southbank I think I'll play a mixture of music that has played a part in my dj career! It will range from post punk electronica, disco, retro pop, dance and anything else I find at the bottom of my handbag!







1 comment:

  1. Your set sounds great. I'm glad it's on the South Bank this year xx

    ReplyDelete